The World Economic Forum announced a new Global Centre for Cybersecurity to help build a safe and secure global cyberspace. The centre will be based in Geneva, Switzerland, and will function as an autonomous organization under the auspices of the World Economic Forum.
The aim of the centre is to establish the first global platform for governments, businesses, experts and law enforcement agencies to collaborate on cybersecurity challenges. As a truly borderless problem, cyber-attacks are surpassing the capacities and institutions that are currently dealing with this threat in an isolated manner. Only through collaboration, information exchange and common standards can the global community successfully counter organized digital crime.
The centre will focus on the following aims :
- Consolidating existing cybersecurity initiatives of the World Economic Forum
- Establishing an independent library of cyber best practices
- Helping partners to enhance knowledge on cybersecurity
- Working towards an appropriate and agile regulatory framework on cybersecurity
- Serving as a laboratory and early-warning think tank for future cybersecurity scenarios
Source : WEF