Certification – Special Discount for Swissintell Members
Swissintell strongly encourages its members to pass the certification set up with our partner:
The exam focuses on the legal framework for private investigation in Switzerland and on minimal standards for information professionals.
Swissintell members can take the exam for free (instead of CHF 50) after becoming a member of the partner association. The exam is currently available in French and will soon be translated into other languages.
Code of Ethics for Information Professionals
As a professional organization, Swissintell adhere to the SCIP (Strategic and Competitive Intelligence Professionals) code of ethics.
Swissintell expects its members and partners to adhere to this minimal set of guidelines for ethical behavior in practice:
- To continually strive to increase the recognition and respect of the profession.
- To comply with all applicable laws, domestic and international.
- To accurately disclose all relevant information, including one’s identity and organization, prior to all interviews.
- To avoid conflicts of interest in fulfilling one’s duties.
- To provide honest and realistic recommendations and conclusions in the execution of one’s duties.
- To promote this code of ethics within one’s company, with third-party contractors and within the entire profession.
- To faithfully adhere to and abide by one’s company policies, objectives and guidelines.
We reserve the right to revoke/terminate any membership at any time if Swissintell determines that members intelligence activities are in direct violation of the SCIP Code of Ethics.
We make our members and stakeholders aware that under the Federal Act on Private Security Services Provided Abroad and the accompanying ordinance, companies that wish to provide, from Switzerland, private security services abroad are subject to a prior declaration requirement.