#BlackAlps2017 is an event enabling to discuss the latest threats, mitigations and advances in cyber security. The event features cyber security experts from Switzerland and abroad. It is addressed to anyone with an interest in cyber security or connected to the internet, e.g., CEOs, CIOs, CISO, CTOs, developers, and researchers.
2 days of event
Black Alps will be held the Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th November 2017 in Y-PARC, Switzerland.
Black Alps will offer several talks on very hot topics. The program committee is composed of international experts and guarantees a high-quality program.
Black Alps will also offer workshops allowing participants to deepen their knowledge in specific domains.
Two main tracks
Talks and workshops are organized on two distinct tracks:
- The track “attacks” aims to present exciting findings: the latest attacks, attack techniques, or research in vulnerabilities.
- The track “lessons learned” aims to bring another dimension in the event by listening to feedback from people actively working in the security field. We are expecting fascinating talks from various domains.
The two tracks will be recorded and broadcasted later. Some sensitive talks may not be recorded depending on the Traffic Light Protocol category requested by the speaker.
Networking and Evenings
The event is a great opportuninty for the participants to meet people and to expand their network. Several coffee breaks, lunches and aperitifs are organized. In addition, two evenings are held in stylish places. These moments are perfect to get the best out of networking.
Black Alps will offer the possibility to extend the experience by participating to three side events:
Capture The Flag (CTF) is a game-like competition where participants are required to solve various cyber security challenges, such as attacking a Website, reverse engineering and/or exploiting an appliaction, and many others. Participation is free.
Come and play as a cyber security attacker. A lot of fun!
This is an unique side event for celebrating the 10th years of the HEIG-VD, the fusion of HEG and EI-VD. This events will not focus on technical aspects, but on political and industrial aspects around cyber security. The cyber security team will also present the Bachelor and Master degrees as well as several R&D projects in Information Security. Participation is free.
A corporate event will be organized on a specific topic: Entreprise en cyber-danger ! Comment se défendre ? (2015: data privacy, 2016: blockchain). Several presentations, including startups, will be offered to participants.
Black Alps addresses most of the Cyber Security topics of the moment, from technical to legal aspects:
- Secure applications, design, and implementation
- Applications security (software, Web apps, Web services, mobile apps, etc.)
- Network security (protocols, attacks, firewalls, appliances, etc.)
- Intrusion detection and monitoring (IDS, security operation centers, etc.)
- Security governance
- Risks and threats analysis
- Identity management, authentication mechanisms, and identity federation
- Specific topics such as: e-voting, e-health, e-banking, e-commerce, and wider domains such as defense, finance, industry, services, and human resources
- Cloud computing, distributed systems, critical systems (SCADA), and social networks
- Legislation, regulations, standards
- Cybercrime, organized crime
Source : BlackAlps